Wednesday, November 12, 2008

10 Years Ago Today


Actually, 10 years ago yesterday, I was sitting in the midwife's office with Greg, 14 days past my due date with baby #4. We all decided to give it overnight and see if baby decided to make an appearance. If not, I would show up at the hospital at 6 am and we would induce labor. Baby didn't, so we showed up the next morning. After simply breaking my water, I went into bigtime labor and 3 hours later, Anna-Jessie was born, all 11 lbs 7 oz of her. There was only one other baby born in the hospital that day, and the teeny little thing was only 5 lb 10 oz. THAT mom was sailing around the hospital like she had just finished a 5k. I on the other hand was recovering from my natural childbirth, and there was a little recovery involved after birthing such a toddler-sized baby. What a sweet girl this one is and how she blesses us every day. Happy Birthday, Anna-Jessie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

11 SEVEN? Hoobaby!!! You go mamma!!!! I was quite proud of my 10lb9oz whopper, but I had DRUGS!!!! (I had hoped to go w/out, but sadly that was not to be) Quite impressive, you.

Unknown said...

Ha! I never knew what I was missing. Probably would have enjoyed the process a lot more with drugs! All of my were whoppers, with the little peanut only 8lb 12oz. You'll hear his story on January 2. :-) Thanks!