Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dryer Sheets

I just read a handy little household tips book and learned that you can just toss a dryer sheet under the front seat of the car to freshen it up from the stale french fry smell. I gave up dryer sheets for Lent many years ago and never picked them up again, but I thought this sounded like a cool idea. At the grocery store, The Absent Minded Professor and I gave the generic dryer sheets the sniff test and unanimously chose "Fresh" instead of Mountain Spring, Spring Flowers, or Hand Spring. Today, we tossed a sheet under not only the dryer sheet, but also the passenger seat! If one is good, TWO must be better!

The rest of the day, every time I got in the car, I thought to myself, "Hey, was someone in this car? It smells funny." I will give it a few more days to see if I can get oriented to the "fresh" smell. If not, I'll really toss the dryer sheets. "
The car didn't even smell in the first place, actually. I've heard it said, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it." But I really really do not like unpleasant smells. On the other hand, I really really do not like fake smells.

I'll let you know as soon as I decide!

No comments: