Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On the Road


Seeing as how I am a true STAY-AT-HOME kind of mom, traveling is a little stressful on mine own self. Even if the trip is fun and the stay is super duper, I always miss my bed, my kitchen, the feel of my carpet under my feet, my cluttery messes, etc.

And it is always kind of tricky to help Kepler assimilate to a new place, especially one where there are two puppies running around and trying to love him to death. He is not impressed, but is getting somewhat oriented towards the dogs.

So, I am writing from Des Moines, Iowa, where we are staying for another three days before making the big drive home on Friday.

I will try to write a few posts, but I can't promise they will be witty or wise. Maybe wistful. Maybe wandering.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Stephanie M said...

What are you doing in Des Moines??? Which way are you traveling home? I wish I could see you - we are ONLY 7 hours north of DM. And we'll be in Southern WI on Friday - EVEN CLOSER!!! Have a great time!