Wednesday, September 3, 2008

High School Drivers - Not Good for What Ails Ya



So I had reason to be over near the high svhool yesterday when school let out. In the space of less than five minutes and in less than one mile I saw the following:

A teen driver run a stop sign.
The same teen give someone "the finger."
Another teen driver abruptly turn into a driveway.
That same teen driver back out of the driveway into traffic quite suddenly.
And, last but not least, there was the teenage driver whose car was plowed into the back of the SUV in front of her.

This is not to say that all teen drivers are poor drivers, because I know of at least ONE who is a very careful driver. But, my goodness, that was a little disconcerting to have so many evidences of recklessness in such a short time. Maybe they were all mad about what was served in the cafeteria that day. All I know is, I hope I don't have to do much driving on that stretch of road any time soon when school is letting out.

No comments: