Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Whole Lotta Building Going On


I was watching my current netflix tv series, The Guardian, and thinking about today, and what I might write about tonight. Seemed like a very lazy day, with little newsworthy to share.

Then I remembered that my resident farmer, Farmer Greg, decided to build a new chicken coop. Mind you, we only have two chickens, and they have a lovely coop, but FG is ready to expand the herd, so decided to prepare a new home for them. He found the plans here and used Home Depot's handy online ordering system to rustle up the supplies for the project. Did you know that Home Depot will put the order together and then text you when it's ready! Technology is a boon to mankind!!

Besides the chicken coop getting started, FG also reinstalled the rain barrel, cut the grass, bought popcorn from like six different stores, and took Kepler to tennis. Between all of us, we managed to grocery shop, play some b-ball (My opponent did NOT let me win, but I won anyway!), shop for spring clothing, lift weights, cook dinner, wash dishes, walk on the treadmill, watch 7 episodes of The Guardian, jump on the trampoline, and run errands. Just a regular Saturday in the lives of Siouxsie's family, but with the wonderful addition of Valerie being home for Spring Break. She goes back tomorrow, but it has been lovely to have her home.

Kind of a quiet day, but we enjoyed it as a family, and that's one of the best things there is.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Now that is a day full of activity. It sounds like a lot of fun

Bob said...

Something realy endearing about chooks (when they have not just got over the fence to a precious plant and trashed it).

I've got 4 and love most of their antics and the fresh eggs.

Bob