Thursday, February 19, 2015

Second Snow Day -- Educational "Eggsellence" at Home

Come on, Kepler, let's make pancakes!

He presses his little hands together in excitement, and has a look of absolute glee on his face.

I get the step stool for him and he looks on with enthusiasm as I pull out the milk, eggs, wheat germ, flour, applesauce, and baking powder.

Chef Kepler 
In my newfound enthusiasm for all things experiential education, I involve him as much as I can. Pancakes were made, but my favorite part of the process was when I was showing him how to crack an egg.

I tapped my egg gently on the stove and showed him the tiny dent in the side. He TAPPED his egg NOT gently on the stove and kinda broke it. It was still relatively intact, but some of the egg white came out and TOUCHED him.

"GWOSS," he yelled and flung it on the stove.

What do they say about embracing life? It can be messy?

2 comments:

sghilliard said...

What a kid...love it!

Suzy Taylor Oakley said...

I agree with Kepler - totally gwoss!

But a lovely story. :-)