Saturday, June 28, 2008

Into Each Life A Little, Er, Tree, Must Fall






or What I Learned About Insurance Today

Did I know that it was going to rain today? Did I know that it was going to rain horizontally today? No, and not only did I not know those two things, I also did not know that my beloved Previa (The Good Egg) was going to get mooshed by a big stupid tree branch from our neighbor's tree. And, not only THAT, but I didn't know that events such as the one I have just described -- remember, the NEIGHBOR'S tree broke and smooshed the Egg -- who gets to pay for it? Yes, WE do!

I was shocked, I tell you. His tree falling onto our property -- seems like a clear-cut case of his homeowner's insurance paying for the damage. But, no-o-o-o-o-o-o. That falls under our responsibility.

Bad news, for sure. But, worse news. We dropped the comprehensive and collision on this car awhile back 'cause it's really old and I guess we figured it wouldn't be worth it to fix the car.

First, we saw that the tree branch had fallen. Then, we noticed that the Previa was entwined in the branches. Then, we noticed that the windshield was big-time broken. So far, not too bad. Then, we noticed that the back sunroof was broken. And, after the branch was removed, we discovered the body damage.

I haven't gotten around to telling all my blog readers about the Previa. It was made the day Valerie was born (1/27/93) and she's been looking forward to driving in it just about a month. The middle row of seats in the Egg (as we call it) turn around and have seatbelts you can wear while facing backwards. It took us a lot of places with the kids facing each other, playing games, and occasionally kicking each other. There are two sunroofs in the Egg and I always have loved the amount of light that comes into the car.

I don't know for sure that we have lost the Egg, but it for sure is a Cracked Egg at the moment.

2 comments:

Dollymama said...

Oh no!!

Stephanie M said...

I am very very sorry! It sounds like such a great van!!!